Assignment 18A Create a Customer Avatar

Assignment 18A Create a Customer Avatar




My product is targeting the middle-aged woman. Let's call her Sandy, a 40-year old mother of twin teenage girls who lives in Austin, TX which is the U.S. city with the highest number of tattooed individuals. She is married to Dan, who is an established real estate attorney. 

Sandy lives in a gated community with a golf and tennis club where she plays doubles regularly. Sandy is very active in her church community and is a stay at home mom.  She volunteers with many civic groups and even leads her local "ladies only" investment club.  She drives a Navy Blue Jeep Cherokee, LTD complete with WeatherTech floor mats and even has one in the back for her two Labrador Retrievers so she can take them to the dog park weekly. 
Sandy is very busy with her girls' extra curricular activities so she does not have much time for television but when she does, she likes to watch reruns of FRIENDS. She also adores the old Turner Classic Movies in black and white.  On some weekends, she likes to go to the movies. She is a lover of good food and is a great cook.  She and her husband regularly see new movies and try new local restaurants on their date nights. She is also a huge Dallas Cowboys fan. She still loves the Dallas cheerleaders (she wanted to be one when she was a young girl).
While Sandy is in great shape and very stylish, she has been thinking she is looking old so she has been visiting the dermatologist and she is considering a peel and Botox.  She also has been increasingly bothered by the tattoo on her shoulder that she got when she was in college.  She is considering having it removed because she does not want it any longer.
What do I have in common with my customer avatar? I am a married, middle aged woman like the customer avatar I created, but I am older and my children are grown.  I do not have a tattoo but if I did, I could certainly see myself wishing I could have it removed. I also like sports and enjoy cooking. 
I do not think this is a coincidence.  Because my market segment is targeting women in the age group between 34 and 55, I think I have some understanding what this group may like.  I can also appreciate wanting to look younger and better.  Like my avatar, I am at that stage in my life as well where health and wellness are ever top of mind and aging gracefully is not all that much fun.

Comments

  1. Hi Stephanie,

    I would like to one day live in a residential neighborhood that has houses on a golf course in that I enjoy golfing a lot. Sandy sounds like she really loves being involved with her community with all of the information that you have provided about her community service skills. You really tied in your customer avatar with this assignment very well in that it targets your tattoo market that you are trying to reach. I am trying to become a better cook, but I still enjoy making the basic meals that everyone enjoys to eat.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,
    Your customer avatar, Sandy, is so cute! I also loved reading your detailed and interesting description about Sandy's life as a mother of twins. I also think it is super cool that you are able to somewhat relate to the lifestyle of the kind of customer that you are targeting for your tattoo removal product. I truly believe that customers like Sandy would be thrilled to invest in your product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie,
    I really like your description of your avatar. You did a great job at providing a visual for the reader. I think your avatar is a great candidate for your opportunity idea about tattoo removal. A person like Sandy probably would not like to have tattoos still on her body at her age. Overall, I think you did a good job on this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie!
    I enjoy reading your post a lot. Your story is very attractive and it could explain your product in another cute way. According to your story, the customer could see why you want to create this product and it makes the customer become more easily to determine whether they would buy this thing. You have also connected to your own story, that is good. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment