Assignment 16A What's Your Secret Sauce?

Assignment 16A What's Your Secret Sauce?

Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique. What is it about you, exactly, that makes you different? Write this up in a detailed list.
  1. Empathetic:  I think I really try to look at another person's perspective to help give me  a better understanding of a situation/person. I care very much about others.
  2. Passionate:  I feel and think about things with genuine concern.  Whatever I do is most often done with great passion which is also my Achilles heel.
  3. Intuitive:  I usually have a high level of intuition and have an instinctive ability to read  a situation and/or people. 
  4. Resourceful:  I pride myself on being a problem solver.  I look for solutions and try to bring ideas/people to achieve goals.
  5. Diligent: I care very much about everything I do and I work hard to complete tasks.  I do not give up easily and will see things through to their completion.
2) Interviews:
 1.  I interviewed my husband, Ron, and he said he thinks that I am innately curious and empathetic and he talked about my image which he translated as being honest and forthright.

2.  The key take aways in my interview with Natalee is that she sees me as a caring individual as well as a team player and she says I never quit.  That is probably because we have run 20 marathons together and there are a lot of times you feel like quitting but you press on to the finish line.

Phil, my brother in law, thinks perseverance is one of my strengths as well as a possible weakness.  He also thinks hospitality is one of my gifts and that I care very much about everything I do.

 My sister, Kim, said that I have a great deal of knowledge in a variety of fields.  She thinks I have a lot of passion about everything I tackle.  She also noted that I am relentless when I am trying to get things done but cautioned that I should be careful to know when to let go and not underestimate myself.
  The key take aways from my interview with my mom, Sandi, is that she thinks that I have an ability to read people and that I am trustworthy.  She said that I never take "no" for an answer and that I listen well to others. 

Reflection:
In my list at the beginning of this post, I described myself as empathetic, passionate, intuitive, resourceful and diligent.  After my interviews, I still believe these are some characteristics that describe me well.  Four of those with whom I spoke confirmed in their interview that I am very passionate, and my sister pointed out that can sometimes be both good and bad (which I well know from experience). She also mentioned that I should not "sell myself short" so I think I may underestimate my ability at times.  My brother-in-law pointed out that I possess the gift of hospitality.  Something else that was a surprise to me is that my husband mentioned I am innately curious.  I felt myself blushing listening to people who have known me most of my life say such encouraging words.  Perhaps I might include humble, curious and welcoming on my list of words that describe my human capital.  I could also include direct because I am frank, especially with those who know me well. 

Comments

  1. Hi Stephanie,
    Considering others’ feeling is always a good human capital, that will show your kind and easy to talk with, which will help you when you communicate with others like your customers. Your interviewees also mention that. I think this human capital will help you a lot in your business road since you know what your customers want and whether they feel uncomfortable during the conversation. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment