Assignment 3A - Your Entrepeneursip Story Stephanie Frechette
Assignment 3A – Your Entrepreneurship Story Stephanie Frechette
My story about entrepreneurship begins many, many years ago, in fact, about 30 years ago which is when I married my husband, Ron. Little did I know I would be married to a serial entrepreneur. I have always admired his ability to connect people with other people or opportunities which is one of the reasons I think he took his first plunge into the world of entrepreneurship.
In the year 2000, he started a recruiting firm in the healthcare field and there was such a high demand for qualified candidates he thought he could seek out these individuals and help companies find the right employees for their organizations. He started working out of our bedroom and then built an office in our garage where he hired his first employee (not including me…I was free help). It wasn’t long before he leased some commercial office space and within a few years we had several employees. He still has a recruiting firm but he has since started several other ventures specifically in world of cyber security and information technology.
The world of Cyber security brings its own set of problems or should I say opportunities, hence, the birth of GoldSky Security. He started this business a few years ago and works long hours and sometimes I think his cell phone is a permanent body part but he is working to help small to midsized businesses identify risks in their technology environment and to teach them how to protect that environment as well as the private information of their customers, patients and clients. He is always thinking and has so many ideas. In fact, I joke about he doesn’t have an off switch because he is so energetic and positive about all of his endeavors. He is so excited I am enrolled in this class.
I enrolled in ENT3003 because it is part the requirements for the UF business program but I am excited about learning more about entrepreneurship. Perhaps, I will find my own inner entrepreneur.

Hi Stephanie,
ReplyDeleteI found it so interesting to read your blog post about your husband's security company! I can not even imagine the amount of time and effort it took for him to reach the point that he is at today. I find it so inspiring that Ron started from home and built his way up to having multiple ventures. I would love to learn more about GoldSky Security.